Home Remedies for Body Odor
Many of us may not know this, but perspiration by itself is odorless. When sweat comes in contact with bacteria it gives out a disgusting smell. With so many daily activities in our life we are bound to sweat. Sweating is an important function of our body. Excessive perspiration is known as hyperhidrosis and no perspiration is known as anhidrosis. As sweating becomes an embarrassing situation we try to cover it up by using deodorants and antiperspirants.
Body odor refers to hair, feet, crotch, anus, skin, breasts, armpits, genital and pubic hair. An individual’s odor is triggered by the diet one follows, which gender one belongs to, how good is your health, whether on medications, kind of job one does and in what kind of mood you are. Due to puberty sweat glands become more than active. Wearing clean loose clothes everyday keeps you fresh and dry. Having a bath under runny water helps you clean your body much easily.
To evade the disgusting smell bring minor changes in your life. Have a daily bath especially clean the groin and armpit area. Wear natural clothes which help your skin to breathe, try to avoid foods like meat, onions, garlic, spices, caffeinated drinks and alcohol. Ban tobacco and smoking as the smell comes not only from your mouth but also your skin.
Home Remedies for Body Odor:
- Use small amount of baking soda and squeeze some lemon on it. Use this mixture for underarms and also the groin area. It proves to be very useful during summer time.
- Rub potatoes slices on your underarms. See to it that your underarm is clean and dry. Rub it for quiet a while and wait till its dry. Apply your regular deodorant on this to make a difference.
- In a spray bottle put 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol. Shake this mixture well enough to be sprayed all over your body and clothes.
- Apply milk of magnesia under your arms with the help of wet cotton, once you had your bath.
- Apply peanut butter liberally under your arms every night before going to bed. This would help you greatly during summer season.
- You can use alcohol, white vinegar or witch hazel as deodorant for your underarms.
- Applying apple cider vinegar instead of deodorants helps to fight the odor battle
- Chewing parsley, alfalfa along with other leafy vegetables helps to control the body odor.
- Make radish juice from two dozen radishes. Mix it with 1/4 tsp glycerin and use it as a deodorant if put in spray-bottle.
- Rosemary is an anti-bacterial. Put 8-10 drops of the rosemary oil in 1 ounce of water and apply it on the required areas. Similarly you can use tea tree oil in the same fashion.
- Turnip juice minimizes underarm odor for 8-10 hours. Once you have grated turnip, squeeze it to get 2 tsp juice which should be applied under your arms in 1:1 ratio for each arm.
- Drink 500 mg of wheat grass daily on empty stomach and wash it down with a glass of water. This helps in reducing body odor.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.